Monday, May 2, 2011

From the headlines: The day I sat in Emma Thompson’s kitchen and accused her of stealing my movie



This is a fascinating article. A true David and Goliath story that I hope will have a positive resolution.
The day I sat in Emma Thompson’s kitchen and accused her of stealing my movie
By GREGORY MURPHY
Last updated at 1:45 AM on 24th April 2011
Charming: Emma Thompson is planning a film about Victorian scandal involving John Ruskin, his wife Effie and the painter John Everett Millais
She answers the door of her surprisingly modest house with a gracious smile. ‘Hello!’ she says in that lovely voice I have heard from countless movie screens. Intimate and cool all at once.
‘Hello,’ I croak, hopelessly out-charmed. I am, frankly, enchanted, and it’s the last thing I want, because I have come to Emma Thompson’s house in West Hampstead to discuss what I believe to be – she continues to smile at me so openly – the misappropriation of my work by her and her husband Greg Wise. They deny it, of course.
How does one begin to address so rude a concept in the face of such world-class star power?

No comments: