Friday, January 7, 2011

Ask Me: Moving to the USA?


aldes asked
Hi,

your tumblr is really useful, I saw previously that you're not from the US. Because I'm french and I want to furfill this dream. I have a good acting coach here. Well I wanna know if you made your us citizen paper before coming, or if you just came and tried it out. If I'm not wrong we can stay 3 months without a visa. But us : immigrants, can we work ( as a waiter first )as an actor here ? I mean it may be difficult to get a flat, get a driving licence, damn so many questions..










Hey there,
You are right. I’m a Brit. I got to come here because I have family in the US and then I stayed because I met my husband. It is quite difficult to get work papers here. You can possibly apply as an artist but you have to have placement with an agency first. Also, I’m not an immigration lawyer so I don’t really know all the details!

No comments: