Monday, August 17, 2009

Book out!

For those of you who don't yet know, "booking out" is when you alert your agent of an upcoming conflict in your schedule that would inhibit you from going out for an audition, etc.
For example, I am shooting a film in Memphis at the end of September. This will take me out of commission for roughly a week as far as auditioning is concerned. So it is important that when it gets closer to the date, I let ALL my representation and other ongoing industry employers (eg: producers/directors who hire me consistently) know that I will not be here.



2 comments:

Blair said...

Really smart advice. I like the PS not about being considerate. I think with all things it often comes down to your personal relationships and communication. The work follows. So it makes sense to be someone who can say Yes I will be there when the call comes in. THIS BLOG IS AWESOME!

Angela Dee said...

Thanks Blair! I hope it is helpful to whomever reads it.