Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Ask Me: Mailers, getting out there, networking?


Anonymous asked
Hi Angela,
I'm new to NY. I have been a SAG actor busting my butt in Los Angeles for a long time. I came here to pursue some education in a parallel career to to help support my addiction to acting. Now I am ready to dive in to acting here. I have often felt people might get me better in NYC. I am very clear on who I am as an actor and what I can offer. I am still trying to get myself together financially here so I am not currently looking for a class or casting director workshops especially coming out of 4.5 years in one class.

What I am looking for is some guidance on how one gets in doors here with casting directors, theatre companies, agents, managers? Is there a protocol with mailings etc. ? Are there networking organizations that focus on marketing? In LA we have THE ACTORS NETWORK which is a brilliant place to navigate all sorts of the business. Any thoughts?
offer nowversus later. . I could tell you where to go for everything in LA but here it seems difficult to navigate where to begin. I am trying to
get on my feet financially and just left a class of four years so I'm not looking to jump back into classes or paid casting director workshops.

No comments: