Thursday, December 9, 2010

Ask Me!: Accents (cont..)?


Anonymous asked
I have a light accent (Russian mostly but grew up in Israel), so I feel like until I nail an American accent, there is no point in going auditioning for things. Right or wrong? I've been told that I should. Also, any recommendations on cost-efficient accent reduction coaches? Does it take a while?
Hello again,
Firstly, I would say you should do what you can to tap into the voiceover market. There are always castings for people with accents and other languages and you could be working, albeit occasionally, in that field right now. To get started, I suggest you spend $200 or so and pull together two 1-and-a-half minute demos of your voice focusing one on the Russian side of your accent and the other on the Israeli. Take a listen to commercials on TV/radio and to ..

No comments: