Monday, November 22, 2010

Ask Me!: Accents and 30+?


Anonymous asked
Hi Angela,

Thank you for your blog. It's been quite helpful. I'm a 32 aspiring actress with an accent, not the popular kind. I didn't finish Maggie Flanigan studio because of financial reasons. I've been trying to pursue acting for 8 years but each time I steer away from it due to the accent or doubting my skills, so I really haven't gotten anywhere but at the same time this is the only thing I can think of doing. Do you think there is a chance to make a career out of it at my age? I'm on a verge of giving up without ever actually trying because I Don't know where to start because of my accent and age. I'd really appreciate your help and suggestions.

4 comments:

Katie Kelley said...

I am 27 and at a 1/3 life crisis and I keep bopping back to possibly really trying this acting thing that I've been about but couldn't commit to my whole life! SO I figured I should maybe start the process of living the dream. I happened upon your blog! IT IS AAAAAAAAWESOME!! :)

Angela Dee said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Angela Dee said...

Hey Katie,
Thank you so much for reading. I am glad to hear that this blog might be helpful to you in whatever capacity you need. Stick with it!
Angela

AliG said...

Angela, I was the "anonymous" who wrote in the original Q. Thank you very much for replying. I am dedicated; the problem is I don't know where one starts, removing the accent first or...? My accent is a bit mixed, I was born in former USSR and then immigrated to Israel at age of 12. My accent isn't heavy and I started going a while ago to Sam Schwat, but it was expensive. Any recommendations on accent reducing programs? I read your DIY article. I know it's tough, I just don't know where to start.

Thank you again!